You are here
LMCGPC Scholarship Information
DEADLINE: March 1, 2017
All groups who participate in the Louisiana-Mississippi Color Guard and Percussion Circuit are encouraged to submit one application from their unit who are high school seniors or already enrolled in college. A committee of administrators, instructors and judges review dozens of these applications for these scholarships and select students who stand out in qualities of academic, artistic and personal achievements. One scholarship from each division (Colorguard, Percussion & Winds) will be awarded.
Applications for the 2017 Scholarships must be hand delivered at a show or mailed to LMCGPC Scholarship at:
c/o St. Edward the Confessor School
4901 W. Metairie Ave.
Metairie, LA 70001
1. The Recipient must be in his/her senior year of high school or already attending a college/university.
2. The recipient must attend a college or university; not a trade school or vocational school.
3. The recipient must be an active marching member of a unit.
4. Each unit may submit only one nominee.
5. Scholarship(s) granted will be paid by check written to his/her university. Scholarship money may be used by the students for tuition, books and/or room/board. Any unused scholarship monies, either from the students leaving the education establishment before completing his/her degree or upon the students completing and receiving his/her degree, will be returned to LMCGPC.
6. Scholarships granted will be derived from funds collected from activities sponsored by LMCGPC and will vary from year to year.
7. The scholarship will be granted for one year only. But recipients may re-apply the next year if he/she remains active with a unit and meets all other requirements.
8. Selections will be made by a committee consisting of individuals representing various LMCGPC activities whose decision will be final.
9. The recipient will be informed two weeks prior to the the LMCGPC Championships and will be formally recognized at the Championship Finale.
10. All Scholarship Applications will remain Confidential.
Scholarship Application Form